daylily seedlings - BUTTERPAT BABIES

1 view

Jane

Mar 26, 2017, 9:27:59 AM3/26/17
to Daylily Spider, Daylily Images2, miniature daylilies
Following up on Nancy Rold's post about BUTTERPAT.

The attached images show the range I have growing from crosses having BUTTERPAT in the mix. Butterpat was my first named daylily, so many of my seedlings came from that parent.

The first 3 images are complex - they are {[(Butterpat x (seedling x Dena Marie)) x Carmine Ibis] x Satin Bird}. I have 6 very distinct blooms from this pod. The bloom size is 4 inches approximately. It seems Butterpat reduces the size of its friends, since Dena Marie, Carmine Ibis & Satin Bird are regular size blooms. Other Butterpat crosses are yellow and large.

The UF pink & cream bicolor double is [(Butterpat x (seedling x Dena Marie)) X Lavender Blue Baby -chimera].

I need instruction on how to correctly write the cross when so many parents are involved. I tried, but am sure I put some parentheses in wrong places.

Jane Mahan
Elm Springs, west of Springdale, NW Arkansas

({[BUTTERPAT X (seedling x DENA MARIE)] x carmine ibis} X satin bird) -dk prp IMG_6069.jpg
{[BUTTERPAT X (seedling x DENA MARIE)] x carmine ibis x satin bird 3 -watermark IMG_7973.jpg
{[BUTTERPAT X (seedling x DENA MARIE)] x carmine ibis X satin bird IMG_6405.jpg
{[BUTTERPAT X (seedling x DENA MARIE)] x lbb X self -dbl IMG_8588.jpg