DC Government Open Data Directive Memo

Jennifer Stowe

Sep 23, 2014, 7:26:40 AM9/23/14
to DCResourc...@googlegroups.com

All,

We’ve drafted a memo to the DC government regarding the publication of service directory data, and I’d like to get your feedback and, hopefully, your declared support!

The Mayor recently issued an Open Data Directive, basically instructing agencies to identify and publish high-value datasets to the DC Data Catalog.

We have drafted a memo in response to the directive encouraging the government to release the following:

  • All directory information about city services (food stamp agency offices, unemployment offices, etc.)

  • All directory information about organizations contracted by the city

  • All resource directories already being produced by various city agencies

As the DC Open211 project moves forward (currently deploying Bread for the City’s resource directory as an open resource… stay tuned for updates) we’d like to get your feedback on this — and if it looks good, your approval to add your organization’s name to this letter.

Any feedback or questions would be welcome!

-Jenn