Transmitter Hunt for Sunday, May 27 ==> CANCELLED

Eric - KD7CAO

May 25, 2007, 9:40:34 AM5/25/07
to DCARA_THunt, dcara_...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fellow Transmitter Hunters:

Due to several factors including weather and a holiday weekend it has
been decided we will post pone this Transmitter Hunt. Look for the
possibility of the next hunt being sometime in June. Possibly a mini
hunt during field day weekend could be setup since we will have a very
large park to work with. Let me know if your interested in that idea.

So, just to clarify we are postponing this Transmitter Hunt for
Sunday.

de ERIC KD7CAO

Mike Carline

May 25, 2007, 10:45:43 AM5/25/07
to DCARA...@googlegroups.com
Eric:
Running it at Field Day sounds like an interesting idea. If you can get
guests involved it's even better. Although the main focus is on making
contacts, you could push the theme of Emergency Preparedness by
conducting a search. Call it a lost hiker, downed aircraft, or
something similar.
Take it even further, and award the successful (non-Ham)hunters with an
ARRL Field Day water bottle or pin. If we can't afford the "prizes",
maybe just a simple certificate.
Maybe this would qualify for points under the Non-Traditional Mode
Demonstration category?

my2cents,
Mike KD5ZCA

Eric Gildersleeve

May 25, 2007, 10:49:26 AM5/25/07
to DCARA...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. Possibly. Just my oppinion but I have always hated the fact that so many people consider field day just a points contest. I have always looked at it from the Emergency Preparedness side and I really wish that the ARRL would start focussing more on that end of it.