---Scheduled Date for Transmitter Hunt---

Eric - KD7CAO

Apr 10, 2007, 6:09:54 PM4/10/07
to DCARA_THunt
Date: Sunday April 29, 2007
Time: 1400 HRS (2:00 PM)
Place: C.H. Collins Atheltic Center
What: DCARA Transmitter Hunt

The Denton County Amateur Radio Association Transmitter Hunt is
scheduled for Sunday April 29, 2007 at 1400 Hours. This activity is
open to all interested parties including Amateur Radio Operators, Boy
Scouts, Girl Scouts, and anyone else that may have an inkling to find
the hidden transmitter.

You will need to have at minimum a radio that is capable of receiving
a signal within the 2 Meter Amateur Band. Other equipment would be
Yagi antennas, Doppler Direction Finders, Attenuators, and anything
else that you feel you might need.

I have had friends win using a rubber duck antenna, a handheld, and a
4 pound coffee can with one end smashed flat. It works!

I have won transmitter hunts with little more than a mobile
transmitter and a simple hand held. These early hunts will be for
practice to the more complicated hunts.

Depending on the amount of interest and time remaining we will hide
again! So come on out and enjoy an afternoon of Ham Radio FUN!

I would also recommend getting yourself a Denton County Map... We will
be working the initial fox in a rural area to prevent signal
reflections and challenging navigational turns. Future Transmitter
Hunts will be positioned elsewhere within the county and made to be
more difficult.

So come on out and have F-U-N!