Further development efforts

1 view

Rob Kinyon

Nov 11, 2008, 11:50:31 PM11/11/08
to dbm-deep
All -

I've been thinking about where DBM::Deep needs to go feature-wise
in the next few months. I'm seeing three places:

1) Bug fixes. There's enough bugs to be fixed, many of which are
rather gnarly. There's also a few bugs with transactions, particularly
on deep hashes.

2) Searching. This is a big topic. It would be nice if DBM::Deep
were able to become a backend for various ORMs, such as DBIx::Class. I
started something called Presto, but nothing ever came of it.

3) Perl6. Rakudo is finally getting feature-ful enough that it
would be interesting to see how far we could write DBM::Deep in Perl6.

The documentation effort I'm working on should go a good distance
in helping others get involved. What are people interested in helping
out with?

--
Thanks,
Rob Kinyon