How do you set the special characters in passwords for connections in DBSolo ?

Zafer

Feb 28, 2020, 7:24:22 PM2/28/20
to DB Solo
Marko,

in the database, the password was set by using

alter user zafer password 'idiL@20+19%!_\?' ;

this works in psql - when I have an entry in the .pgpass file:

mypgserver:5432:my_db:zafer:idiL@20+19%\!_\\?

(see the escape \ characters before the ! and \ )

It also works in our Java applications.

I have tried setting this same password using plain password as in the database or with the escape \ characters in DBSolo connection and both fails.

What is the requirement in DBSolo for special characters in passwords.

What would you enter in the connection password field in DBSolo for an actual user password - which is (from the above example):

idiL@20+19%!_\?

Let me know as soon as possible, given secure passwords is a requirement in our case.

thanx

Z.

DB Solo Admin

Mar 1, 2020, 5:13:26 PM3/1/20
to DB Solo
What is the error you're getting and does it only happen with certain characters?

Marko