First time selecting the "Query" tab = super super slow.

Victor Mascari

Mar 11, 2020, 10:44:28 AM3/11/20
to DB Solo
This is likely a Java problem, but, just in case anyone has experienced this and resolved it, I'd like to know the solution as it is a small irritation, but constant - like a fly buzzing around your head that you cannot kill.

After launching DBSolo, I click the Query Tab.   It takes 20 - 30 seconds for it to display, and sometimes up to a minute.

After that initial tab is opened, all others open very quickly.

This is on a Windows 10 machine.

Using tools to monitor file locks, I can see at this time that dbsolo is scanning most of the folders in my home Folder AND is scanning tons of Registry keys.

Parts of my "home" directory are actually shared network folders to support roaming profiles, but, I never store anything in them, so they are empty.

But, when I run DBSolo on a Linux machine with everything local, the first Query tab opens instantly.

So, it is either the the remote folders or the excessive scanning of the registry or perhaps both (as far as I can tell).

If this is just a behavior of Java, then I guess nothing can be done , but, if DBSolo is scanning for something, it might be nice to have an option to turn that something off when needed.

DB Solo Admin

Mar 11, 2020, 5:52:32 PM3/11/20
to DB Solo
Do you have the 'Directory' panel open after the Query panel is shown? If so, minimizing it by default might speed up the loading time. Beyond that, I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done.

Marko

Victor Mascari

Mar 12, 2020, 10:52:13 AM3/12/20
to DB Solo
 No - the Directory panel is closed when the Query panel is first loaded.

I kind of figured it was not a DBSolo thing, but I thought I'd ask anyway just in case it had come up before.

If I figure it out, I'll post the solution here.

Thank you!

Victor