Real Time Data Website for Crowbox

Hamza Qureshi

Nov 22, 2021, 2:04:18 PM11/22/21
to Crow Box Kit
I have completed the first iteration of a website that allows you to record data from your Crowbox in real-time. Not only does it record data, but it also controls the Crowbox and keeps an eye on its key functions!

Check out a short video on the websitehttps://youtu.be/HnGLdI3y_Oo

I'm hoping to receive some general feedback on the website. So if you have a few minutes to spare, then please comment below what you think :)

If you prefer to stay anonymous, then visit this online survey instead to enter in your thoughts and critiques of the websitehttps://www.surveymonkey.com/r/H5LBW9Y

Please note that you do not have to complete the survey as it is entirely optional. Furthermore, I will not be asking for any information from which you will be identifiable and as such, the data is entirely anonymized.

If you have any questions surrounding my project or this survey, then please do not hesitate to contact me at: hq1...@bristol.ac.uk

Josh Klein

Nov 23, 2021, 5:37:14 AM11/23/21
to crowb...@googlegroups.com
This is amazing, thanks Hamza! Is there any way I could connect directly to get a walkthrough of the platform you've built? Love the idea of a common data aggregation platform so we can all better compare results, best practices, etc.

Hamza Qureshi

Nov 23, 2021, 3:10:50 PM11/23/21
to Crow Box Kit
Hi Josh! Glad you like the site so far, I'd love to meet up over a call to walk you through the work I've done so far. I realise that I may have glossed over it in the video, but the site also offers the user to check out Public Data (i.e. the number of coins deposited and crows that have landed on the perch per country/location). I've been getting feedback from some other users (who have not built a Crowbox) and they suggested making the Public Data accessible to everyone (even those who have not created an account). So currently I am in the process of building a 3D globe with bar charts showing the data per country (for non authenticated users to view).

I plan on introducing methods for users who wish to operate offline to upload their data as well (through an SD card). It would also be great for users with cameras to have their footage uploaded (with their permission) to their page. Maybe build something like a social media profile where everyone can share their data and images/videos of the crowboxes being used.

My work email is hq1...@bristol.ac.uk and my personal email is qureshi...@gmail.com. Feel free to email me so we can set something up! Alternatively, we could open the meeting up to anyone else in the community who would like to join and offer their insights. The more the merrier.

Rodion Mutsolgov

Nov 24, 2021, 12:09:57 PM11/24/21
to Crow Box Kit
Very good work!! What do you think about a live video from crow box and detection of crows(to send notifications)? I'm work with ai, and i can help you with that, it will be very good part of website.

вторник, 23 ноября 2021 г. в 23:10:50 UTC+3, qureshi...@gmail.com:

Jason Snider

Nov 24, 2021, 1:39:13 PM11/24/21
to Crow Box Kit
I'm studying Geographic Information Systems and we recently did a group project that might work well here also.  Here is a link to a survey we did and to the end-product.  Basically, a person completes the survey and it auto-populates the end-product data.  I'd have to explore it further to understand if there is a functionality for the user to update their entry once it's been posted.

Josh Klein

Nov 26, 2021, 4:53:04 AM11/26/21
to crowb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this, Jason - I love the idea of collating everyone's data so we can more clearly see trends and patterns to isolate the most effective training regimes. (As well as to see what outliers look like!)

- J

Josh Klein

Nov 26, 2021, 4:56:21 AM11/26/21
to crowb...@googlegroups.com
Rodion, what kind of computational cost would processing live video streams be? I could imagine setting up virtual instances per user, but would expect that latency and throughput issues would limit live notifications once you scale up. Or are you thinking of examining individual frames?

- J

Rodion Mutsolgov

Nov 26, 2021, 2:13:31 PM11/26/21
to Crow Box Kit

I mean, we can use a live video to view the crowbox, like "What happened to my crowbox?". You can see in real time how crows communicate with crowbox. And we also use it to start recording videos, notifying the user that crows are communicating with crowbox. For ai I use Jetson Nano (https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetson-nano-developer-kit). I have about 80 fps on Jetson when i use ai. And I think that sending this video to a local website is not a problem, there can only be one problem - Internet speed limit, but this is a private situation.
пятница, 26 ноября 2021 г. в 12:56:21 UTC+3, Josh Klein:

Hamza Qureshi

Nov 27, 2021, 6:19:01 AM11/27/21
to Crow Box Kit
That would be an amazing addition! The current website is built on Angular and Firebase so we could make use of Firebase's cloud storage. I am currently in the process of tidying up the code and will be making the repository public on Github for everyone/anyone to work on it.