My Fully Domesticated Crow MJ

Alejandro Montalvo

Sep 18, 2022, 11:18:54 PM9/18/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I am Alex and I have a crow that I have raised since it was a baby. I'm wondering if there is a way I could get one of these crow boxes made for me. I don't have the strength in my hand to make this due to an accident at work.
IMG_20220918_201614583.jpg

sammi hodack

Sep 18, 2022, 11:20:24 PM9/18/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
Yes i can!

On Sun, Sep 18, 2022, 10:18 PM Alejandro Montalvo <gameboy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi. I am Alex and I have a crow that I have raised since it was a baby. I'm wondering if there is a way I could get one of these crow boxes made for me. I don't have the strength in my hand to make this due to an accident at work.

Carol Kasmiskie

Sep 19, 2022, 1:54:53 PM9/19/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com

Zachary Weindel

Sep 19, 2022, 7:30:54 PM9/19/22
to Crow Box Kit
Hello Alex,
Having a hand raised crow is an incredible experience isn't it!?

Although your corvid is human imprinted it is no more domesticated than an African grey parrot.
Both species can be humanized or human imprinted as your friend is, but that does not make them domesticated.
Some parrots selectively bred for generations in captivity are more friendly or adapt to living in cages, even then are most likely not genetically distinguishable from their wild counterparts and therefore not truly domesticated.

Hybrid "tropical" corvids are available from some breeders and although their instincts are a bit scrambled they are also not domesticated.

I have worked with humanized American Crows and corvid Hybrids for years, If you are looking for puzzles and toys for them I have a a few simple designs I could share or bake for you.
Good luck, be sure to socialize your friend to a wide variety of environments early on and also provide a flight aviary at least 20 feet long, unless you are training your friend as a free flight bird. Curious to hear more.

Kindly
Zach