I may have made some crow enemies

Adam

Sep 25, 2021, 10:21:55 AM9/25/21
to Crow Box Kit
For awhile I was having frequent visits from the two crows that are usually in my area. Not to long ago, they abandoned the crowbox. I wasn't even getting my regular blue jay to stop by anymore. So I 3d printed a life size crow and bought a crow call to see if I could entice them to come back. I got a few fly overs, but nothing to exciting. Yesterday I noticed there were a few more crows hanging out so I brought out the fake crow, sprinkled out a few peanuts and forgot about it.  This morning I went to let my dog out and there was a frenzy of crows flying close, cawing like mad. I could hear one on my roof, which they never land on my roof. That's when I remembered I left the fake crow outside. It had fallen on its side, next to a pile of peanuts, like it was dead. The roof crow was perched directly over it, analyzing it, and letting the other 10 or so crows that came by  know what was going on.

I was excited to see so many crows near by, but then it dawned on me that they may now associate me with a dead crow.  I stood up the fake crow, so maybe they'll think their friend was napping after gorging on some peanuts.

Fingers crossed were still friends.