Roasted vs. Raw Peanuts

Lauren Cibene

Jun 7, 2023, 4:29:42 PM6/7/23
to Crow Box Kit
Hey from North Georgia!

I'm new to this whole scene, but I just ordered the gear I need to make my own Crow Box and I'm very excited! Just curious: has anyone noticed a preference among their corvids when it comes to roasted vs raw in-shell peanuts? Want to start seeding my location with their faves.

TIA!

Josh Klein

Jun 8, 2023, 6:04:55 AM6/8/23
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
Depends on your crows and the environment! In our experience shell-on are better for caching, and roasted can often have salt or flavoring that isn't good for the birds... but again, it depends. Try both, and see what works better for you!

- J

Lauren Cibene

Jun 8, 2023, 1:24:11 PM6/8/23
to Crow Box Kit