Avoiding the hot-foot treatment

Jason Snider

Aug 11, 2021, 3:43:49 PMAug 11
to Crow Box Kit
IMG_5839.jpg
While finishing my build I considered that it's very hot where I live and that the birds might not appreciate the black grip tape.  I went to my local skateboard shop and bought colored grip tape to prevent giving the birds the hot-foot treatment.  Amazon also has a wide variety.  I didn't think of it until the very end of the build, otherwise I would have used it for the side perches too.

Another pro-tip - flip the compartment door closure screw around and hot-glue it in from the inside and you can use one of the stand-offs on the outside for easy removal of the door.
IMG_5840.jpg

Josh Klein

Aug 12, 2021, 11:00:22 AMAug 12
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
These are great tips, thanks!! Anyone else have any similar insights they could share?

- J