Official Crow Box RAIN PROFFING SUGGESTIONS

Bob Miller

Dec 17, 2021, 3:12:56 PM12/17/21
to Crow Box Kit
I just finished my build and am wondering if anyone has rain proofed their box and how they did it.
Just starting to train crows to go to the box instead of a platform we have been feeding them on for 5 years.

Thanks for any replies, Bob Miller

Adam

Jan 20, 2022, 9:41:24 AM1/20/22
to Crow Box Kit
One thing I did was 3D print a cap for the coin box. It cuts down on rain directly hitting the servo, and making its way inside. I also mounted my electronics sled upside down and at an angle, so any rain that does make it inside will have to work a little harder to destroy everything. Before I did all of that I would have standing water in my box, I added drainage holes in the four corners. Lastly I'll be switching over to a waterproof servo.

cap.jpgelectronics sled.jpg