Servo Inconsistent

Michael Berna

Jul 10, 2021, 8:21:15 PMJul 10
to Crow Box Kit
I am almost done with my crowbox and am on the testing phase. The servo rotates quite a bit and doesn't land in the same spot consistently. I've researched this and read the item description and it turns out that this servo is continuous rotation, so when you send it a servo.write, it uses that as a speed rather than a location. Are all of the MG995 servos this way, or do some have a potentiometer of some sort? I would prefer a sensor if possible rather than dead reckoning as the dead reckoning isn't being consistent for me.

Michael Berna

Jul 11, 2021, 12:51:44 AMJul 11
to Crow Box Kit
After shopping around a bit, I found a MG995 servo that is 180 °. I would recommend adding this note to the servo BOM listing so that others do not make the same mistake. The 360 servos, are really just a motor in the same case, they are lacking the potentiometer and corresponding logic circuit.