Does it work with seagulls?

Bror Söth

Feb 13, 2023, 8:57:21 AM2/13/23
to Crow Box Kit
Hi everyone,

i live at the sea and here are many seagulls (also crows). Did anyone try it with seagulls?

Best regards

Josh Klein

Feb 16, 2023, 4:14:39 AM2/16/23
to Crow Box Kit
I don't know of anyone trying it with Seagulls, but when we deployed in locations that have both birds the crows interacted with the box far more often. Most of the work on cognition that I've read has identified Corvids as being able to demonstrate more flexible general intelligence, but you may as well try! I would think the biggest concern would be the gulls chasing off the crows and/or immediately clearing out the box in stage 1.

Let us know if you give it a shot!
- J

Conor Houghton

Sep 4, 2023, 8:54:45 AM9/4/23
to Crow Box Kit
I had the converse problem, although we aren't very close to the sea we have a lot of herring gulls and they are very strong, and I guess pretty smart, they see the nuts and damage the box trying to get at them.

Con