Atlernatives to peanuts?

Bryan White

May 17, 2022, 3:31:18 PM5/17/22
to Crow Box Kit
Looking to see if you guys have used alternate food for the crows. I have the box loaded with peanuts right now but the only takers were a titmouse until the local grackles showed up and harassed him until he stopped coming around. They LOVE the peanuts. Not a single crow, though.

I put out some cat food last year and there were a few crows who came around to test out the scene but I think my cats being in the windows freaked them out.

Josh Klein

May 18, 2022, 8:00:02 AM5/18/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
It's not a long-term solution (mostly because it's not good for the health of the crows) but we've had great success with cheetos. Most of the crows I've dealt with love them, and they're pretty eye-catching. If you can seed the area with those to start (not on a rainy day, I'd suggest) they often catch crows' attention.

Keep us posted on how you get on!
- J

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 7:31 PM Bryan White <rapscall...@gmail.com> wrote:
Looking to see if you guys have used alternate food for the crows. I have the box loaded with peanuts right now but the only takers were a titmouse until the local grackles showed up and harassed him until he stopped coming around. They LOVE the peanuts. Not a single crow, though.

I put out some cat food last year and there were a few crows who came around to test out the scene but I think my cats being in the windows freaked them out.

katt Wool

Sep 2, 2022, 11:03:24 AM9/2/22
to Crow Box Kit
I have seen crows stealing dog food if the bowls are left outside.