Electrical help

edpsych42

Jun 3, 2022, 3:53:36 AM6/3/22
to Crow Box Kit
Hello there all,
I’ve finished the build of my CrowBox, wired everything up and turned the power on as per set up. My servo turned one way, then the other then just continued to spin.
Before I take everything apart to start again, has anyone come across this and knows what I’ve done wrong?
Thanks,
Ed

Hamza Qureshi

Jul 8, 2022, 5:01:11 PM7/8/22
to Crow Box Kit
Hello! What's the specification of your servo? If you can add the link of the exact unit you purchased that would be great.

There are some reasons why you may be facing this issue e.g. you purchased a 360-degree servo, a servo that requires more current, or some other component in your build is sucking up the current etc.
My suggestion would be to test the servo on its own (linked to your Arduino) and run a simple 180-degree spin code to see if it does the simplest of tasks.