Laser Cutter Suggestions

Megan Bowen

Nov 9, 2021, 11:07:25 AM11/9/21
to Crow Box Kit
Hey all!

I am a CS teacher and plan on building a course curriculum around the Crow Box. I am trying to figure out what the best option for a laser cutter is and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on which ones would work best and have a big enough print bed for the pieces. Right now I am looking at Glowforge, thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Megan

Josh Klein

Nov 11, 2021, 2:28:32 PM11/11/21
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
I haven’t looked at the latest in some time, but would love to hear from anyone who’s done any research - please do share any personal experience with the group!!

- J

Aarati Martino

Nov 19, 2021, 7:10:28 AM11/19/21
to Crow Box Kit

+1 to Megan and Josh.  I have a budget of $2k so if anyone knows anything in the price range please let me know. Poking around a bit it looks like everything starts at $3k?

Megan Bowen

Dec 16, 2021, 3:01:46 PM12/16/21
to Crow Box Kit
So we ended up going with Glowforge after a rec from another CS teacher. Definitely not in the 2K range though.

Aarati Martino

Dec 17, 2021, 7:25:33 AM12/17/21
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
Heh thanks :)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Crow Box Kit" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/CrowBoxKit/6e13d284-09e7-4a71-8668-052f762b45d6n%40googlegroups.com.

Aarati Martino

Dec 17, 2021, 7:28:00 AM12/17/21
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
Oh!  Forgot to ask, which did you go with?  Basic, Plus or Pro?

Megan Bowen

Dec 17, 2021, 10:51:05 AM12/17/21
to Crow Box Kit
I went with pro because it's the only one that can fit the 15 in size to cut the acrylic as one sheet.