Core-iscsi stops iscsi target (Wasabi)

YogeshS

Jul 2, 2006, 6:58:54 AM7/2/06
to Core-iSCSI
The details of our systems are as follows.
We are using core-iscsi as initiator and Wasabi commercial product as
target.

Initiator:
core-iscsi-v1.6.2.8
os - gentoo linux
kernel - 2.6.15-gentoo-r1
core-iscsi-tools-v3.4.tar.gz

Target:
Wasabi
Flashware® version: WSB iSCSI SAN v1.6.1

When ever we start any read/write process on iscsi target , it stops
the target.

Can anybody help us in this matter.?

Regards
YogeshS

Albert Pauw

Jul 3, 2006, 3:59:02 PM7/3/06
to Core-iSCSI
I am using Fedora Core 5 with kernel 2.6.17 and the Wasabi target. The
only thing not working yet is mutual authentication, but apart from
that I didn't had any problem.

You might contact Wasabi support if it is the target that stops and not
the initiator. Can you see anything in the logs of the target?

Albert

YogeshS

Jul 3, 2006, 4:09:21 PM7/3/06
to Core-iSCSI
I will definately update you with target logs. but this is persistent
problem we are facing .
While taking backup of mysql database by ./backup.rsync.sh script , the
target stops responding.

Previously we were using open-iscsi but that used to hang itself
(open-iscsi initiator).

Albert Pauw

Jul 4, 2006, 10:19:40 AM7/4/06
to Core-iSCSI
Do you use anything special, like HeaderDigest or DataDigest, although
I never had a problem with that.

Could you try again, and leave a terminal session open with the command
"tail -f /var/log/messages",
does that give any more clues?

n...@kernel.org

Jul 4, 2006, 4:17:01 PM7/4/06
to Core-iSCSI
Greetings Yogesh

There is a recently added Reporting Bugs wiki entry:

http://www.linux-iscsi.org/index.php/Reporting_Bugs

This sounds more like a problem somewhere on the target node, so feel
free to report this issue to Wasabi support, they will probably ask you
to provide logs similar to what is on the wiki.

Thanks for your interest in Core-iSCSI!

--nab