Login Negotiation Failed...

Soulbait

Dec 14, 2007, 4:50:19 PM12/14/07
to Core-iSCSI
So I am trying to get my iSCSI box to work with a NVR I have. At one
point I got the iSCSI box to be seen and it was communicating, that
was last night, However I was not able to mount? it properly
if I tried dd, or fdisk or mkfs.xfs it would just hang. Also this
morning when I had a ton of this errors in my syslog and, now after
restarting both units I can no longer connect to the iSCSI box and
this message is just a plague

Dec 14 19:01:36 PELCO kernel: iCHANNEL[0] - No defined iSCSI
Authentication Methods, skipping SecurityNegotiation phase.
Dec 14 19:01:36 PELCO kernel: iscsi_do_rx_data:2686: ***ERROR***
rx_loop: 0 total_rx: 0
Dec 14 19:01:36 PELCO kernel: iscsi_login_rx_data:75: ***ERROR***
rx_data returned 0, expecting 48.

Hopefully there are still people reading this and they can help me out

Im using Core 1.6.2.7 along with the tools that came with it....

Emmanuel Florac

Dec 14, 2007, 4:57:20 PM12/14/07
to Core-...@googlegroups.com

2007/12/14, Soulbait <soul...@comcast.net>:

Hopefully there are still people reading this and they can help me out

Please show your config file, and tell us what's the target configuration.

Soulbait

Dec 14, 2007, 5:03:14 PM12/14/07
to Core-iSCSI
/etc/sysconfig/initiator:
CAN_QUEUE=128
CMD_LUN=64
SG_TABLE=32
ISCSI_CHANNELS=64
CHANNEL="0 5 eth1 192.168.1.193 3260 0"

/etc/sysconfig/iscsi_device_maps:
DEVICE="0 0 1 Vol1"
DEVICE="0 1 2 Vol2"
DEVICE="0 2 3 Vol3"
DEVICE="0 3 4 Vol4"
DEVICE="0 4 5 Vol5"

Im just using a jetstor 416is with one Raid and 5 volumes each about
1TB in size...authentication is set to none