Building Capacity to Bring About Positive Social Change!

Suresh Fernando

Feb 22, 2011, 4:16:54 PM2/22/11
to Cooperati...@googlegroups.com
FYI...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Suresh Fernando <sures...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 9:43 AM
Subject: Building Capacity to Bring About Positive Social Change!
To: openk...@googlegroups.com, coal...@googlegroups.com, vancha...@googlegroups.com, movers-...@googlegroups.com, movers-s...@googlegroups.com, inte...@lists.tribalharmonix.org, cc-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone...

How We'll Fund 21st Century Social Movements!!

I'd like to ask for your support for a crowdsourcing campaign that I am presently working on with Joe Brewer of Cognitive Policy Works. We are in the process of raising $5000 to finance the research and development a strategy handbook that describes how to use crowdsourcing and open collaboration principles to finance and mobilize people to bring about positive social change.

Upon completion, the handbook will be made freely available to everyone under a Creative Commons license.  If the crowd pays for it, the crowd will own it!

Please make a donation via our project page and also explore ways in which we can work together with you to bring about a better world!

We will address the following questions...
  • What are the most promising funding models and how do we start to use them?
  • Why aren’t more effective models available for funding social innovation?
  • What crowdsourcing and mass collaboration infrastructure is available to coordinate the activity of literally thousands of social innovators and activists that are working on similar problems?
  • What success stories can we point to?
  • What do we need to do in order to start building the infrastructure and funding models to mobilize thousands of social innovators and activists?

We are also working on another amazing infrastructure project to support social innovators and change agents!

ProM: A dating site for the climate action movement!

We have assembled a team that is working on the development of an open collaboration platform that will help people and projects that are working on climate change to find each other and to explore ways in which they can collaborate.

The key idea is that drives this project is that, if we are going to be able to bring about the massive changes that we all want to see, we are going to need to able to find each other and collaborate on a massive scale!

Details for the project can be found here.

Please join the Google Group if you want to find out in more detail what the project is all about!

Please also make note of the following amazing opportunity to connect with other change makers!

Contact: The Evolution Will Be Socialized: conference in NY Oct. 20th

ProM will be presented at Contact in NY on Oct. 20th. This promises to be a fantastic event that will include many social innovators that are exploring change models based on the power of distributed networks, social networks etc!

The conversation tracks, including the ProM related track can be found here.

This is an unconference so you will have the opportunity to make your ideas visible and to organize activity at the event.

There is no substitute for face to face meetings and spending time together if we want to come together to bring about the changes that are essential. I encourage everyone to put this conference on their agenda!

Regards,

--
Suresh Fernando
BLOG, YOUTUBE, OK WEBSITE, OK FAN PAGE, OK GROUP, OK-WE, PHILOSOPHY,  TWITTER,  FACEBOOK, WOTW FAN PAGE LINKEDIN, SLIDESHARE

'The counter cultural revolution was a rhizomatic meshwork of loosely-coordinated, loosely-affiliated struggles. The goals of these struggles weren’t always complimentary, but the struggles were aligned and together they staged a mass offensive to shatter the status quo'. - from The Coalition of the Willing