Blog post - Technologies of Cooperation and Entrepreneurship

MarcD

Jan 20, 2011, 8:54:14 PM1/20/11
to CooperationCommons
I tried to post on the Coco website, but I get error, so until it is
resolve here it is:

I am happy to report to this group that technologies of cooperation
are bringing major changes to the world of entrepreneurship, and after
a long silence, here are the results of my research and experiments in
this area:

In the recent years, I have observed (in addition to the Entrepreneur
Commons I created - http://www.entreco.org ) the emergence of networks
of entrepreneurs with global footprints such as the Small Giants
Community - http://www.smallgiants.org - and Evolve - http://www.evolveusa.org/
). These networks are interconnected with related programs for
networking (for example First Tuesday - http://www.firsttuesday.com ),
for learning (for example StartupSchool - http://startupschool.supercoolschool.com
or Founders Institute - http://www.founderinstitute.com/ ), for
getting started (StartupWeekend - http://www.startupweekend.org ), for
working together (Coworking - http://www.coworking.com ). And
entrepreneurs have come up with new creative ways of raising money
(for example GrowVC - http://growvc.com, or Indiegogo - http://www.indiegogo.com
or Kickstarter - http://www.kickstarter.com/ ). The business of
business is changing, and it is just the beginning.

Looking at all this, I decided to create a conference to showcase what
was happening, and offer a space and an opportunity to reflect upon
these changes, what they were bringing and how we could benefit from
them on a larger scale. In partnership with the director of First
Tuesday for the Americas, and with the support of HP we produced the
Incubate 2.0 conference - http://www.incubate2.com - in November 2010.
The conference was a featured event of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
The conference was also an opportunity to launch StartupCause -
http://www.startupcause.org - a collective of programs dedicated to
helping entrepreneurs. This website is now a community space and a
media space where we can showcase what is being done by individual
groups, and hopefully a lot of good things will come out of this
community.

If you are interested in looking at what was discussed during the
event, I have started uploading videos at http://video.startupcause.org

Alan Moore, who I believe is a member of this group, was a keynote
speaker at the event, He tells a great story about linear thinking and
how there should be "no straight lines" in how we do things. If you
have 30mns, his talk is well worth watching -
http://video.startupcause.org/yKL/alan-moore-no-straight-lines/

Another great talk from the event: Michael Lewkowitz talk about how we
should do business today - http://video.startupcause.org/MyH/michael-lewkowitz-lets-get-naked/