[UK Gathering] Where We Should Gather... how about NY in October?

Suresh Fernando

Feb 9, 2011, 4:25:57 PM2/9/11
to uk-gat...@googlegroups.com, openk...@googlegroups.com, Cooperati...@googlegroups.com
Hey Folks,

I backed off driving the momentum for this gathering because it simply felt too difficult to drive the momentum for the organization of this gathering from Vancouver.

If you are following any of the activity on the OK list, then you will note that there is a very exciting unconference called Contact: Towards Social Organism that is being organized by Venessa Miemis and Douglas Rushkoff taking place in NY in October. As you can see, there are already some cool speakers that are confirmed. Since there is still a lot of lead time, we can expect this to ramp up more over the coming months.

My plan is to attend this conference to talk about the Dating Site for the Climate Action project that I am working on in partnership with the Coalition of the Willing.

I would like to suggest that we consider presenting our innovative ideas on social finance in this context. Let me know if this is of any interest.

Regardless, meeting in NY and having a few beers together seems like a good idea!!

--
Suresh Fernando
BLOG, YOUTUBE, OK WEBSITE, OK FAN PAGE, OK GROUP, OK-WE, PHILOSOPHY,  TWITTER,  FACEBOOK, WOTW FAN PAGE LINKEDIN, SLIDESHARE

'The counter cultural revolution was a rhizomatic meshwork of loosely-coordinated, loosely-affiliated struggles. The goals of these struggles weren’t always complimentary, but the struggles were aligned and together they staged a mass offensive to shatter the status quo'. - from The Coalition of the Willing