Fwd: [OK] Re: The Problem Of Early Stage Funding for Social Innovators

Suresh Fernando

Feb 9, 2011, 4:40:22 PM2/9/11
to Venessa Miemis, openk...@googlegroups.com, uk-gat...@googlegroups.com, Cooperati...@googlegroups.com
Venessa,

I want to draw this activist type thread that I started about a year ago out of sheer frustration at the lack of capital for early stage social entrepreneurs. This is the reason that I was working on getting people together in the UK which was the reason that Jay introduced us.

I would be interested in trying to mobilize people in the space to possibly participate in some way in exploring new and innovative funding models within the larger socio-technological context within which we operate.

Here is the gathering concept document.

What do you think?

Suresh