CoCo Pledge Drive

1 view

Robert Link

Sep 10, 2010, 12:16:39 PM9/10/10
to Cooparation Commons

CoCos,

Time for the Cooperation Commons fund raiser. We are a strictly
volunteer group, and it would be nice if we could, as a group, cover the
basic expenses for domain registration and webhosting, which is about
$120 a year all told. Last time we did this was March of 2009. What we
don't raise Howard covers out of his pocket and the goodness of his
heart. While the latter may well be infinite, the former most certainly
is not.

To donate, use paypal and send funds to h...@well.com.

Peace,

rl

Natalie Pang

Sep 10, 2010, 11:43:13 PM9/10/10
to cooperati...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the call Robert. I'd be most happy to support the
continuation of the group; a small measure that is in no way comparable
to how much I've already benefited by learning from everyone here, and
from the resources at the site.

Recently another network I am a part of (P2P Foundation) faced a crisis
with our Ning site, and we successfully raised some funds with this:
http://www.indiegogo.com/Save-the-P2P-Foundation-Ning

The goal was $500, which was raised in 24 hours. Quite remarkable, and
succinctly demonstrated the power of crowds. :) I was thinking we could
perhaps do something like this as well for CoCo? Any in excess can go
into a working account to manage ongoing expenses.

Just thinking aloud....

natalie

ANDREA STRIMLING

Sep 13, 2010, 10:10:50 AM9/13/10
to cooperati...@googlegroups.com
Robert - Thanks for suggesting this. I just sent a contribution.

Best,

Andrea

Andrea Strimling
Research Fellow, International Security Program
Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs
Harvard Kennedy School