A Fair Way to Support the Seminary: Golfers Gather at the Sawmill

1 view

Concordia Lutheran Theological Seminary

Jun 13, 2017, 4:03:52 PM6/13/17
to Concordia St. Catharines Google Group

Dear friends of CLTS,

We will shortly be discontinuing our use of this Google Group for sending out news stories. But we dearly want to keep you as our reader! To keep receiving our news, please sign up to receive the stories through WordPress. It’s quite simple:

1.            Go to our new website: www.concordia-seminary.ca

2.            On the right-hand side, scroll down to the third grey box where you can enter your e-mail address to subscribe to the WordPress feed.

Thank-you for your interest and support of our mission. God’s peace be with you,

Concordia Lutheran Theological Seminary, St. Catharines.

A Fair Way to Support the Seminary: Golfers Gather at the Sawmill

Another quarter century of seminary golf tournaments began on Monday, 5 June 2017, as seventy-six golfers gathered at the Sawmill Golf Course in Fenwick, Ontario, for the seminary’s 26th annual tournament.

Good-natured participants bought mulligans for $5 a piece (kind of like indulgences!), and the tournament was made fair to all with a “best ball” format (kind of like sharing the merits of the saints!). But none of these good works could stop the best team from winning, again.

Prizes went to the winner of a putting contest, the longest drive, and closest to the pin. Alas, no one claimed the $10,000 hole-in-one prize on offer from Intact Insurance! After the game came the usual enjoyment of a chicken-and-ribs supper, cold beer, and good conversation. What a great way to support the seminary! Keep the first Monday of June open on your calendar and look forward to news of next year’s tournament.

CLTS Golf Tournament 2017 Winning Team

Many thanks go out to Hugh Weltz of FaithLife Financial and the RaeLipskie Partnership for sponsoring the meal, to our numerous hole sponsors, and especially to the Julie family for being such generous and hospitable hosts.

More photos are available here.

Filed under: News

View article...