Expert Reports, Declarations, and Affidavits

Ndna Jnz

Nov 18, 2006, 3:35:53 PM11/18/06
to Computer Expert Witness
I would like to discuss the difference between a report, declaration
and affidavit. I have approached other computer expert witnesses and
received generally good information, but several different "opinions"
(sorry). I invite anyone in this group to post their ideas on what
they have prepared in the past.

Thanks,

Jeff Safire
Shadow Cliffs Engineering
www.microdisk.com

Computerlegalexperts.com

Nov 18, 2006, 5:14:09 PM11/18/06
to Computer Expert Witness
(Legal disclaimer: Any information contained herein is not "legal
advice" or contrued as such and I would recommend that you contact the
attorney that is handling a matter for the specifics definitions for a
particular matter.)

Hi Jeff-

The first rule in this business is that "everybody has an opinon." My
experience has been the following and please forgive the simplistic
approach:

Report- Remember the book reports we use to do in school? Same story
(pardon the pun) with a different twist. A report is the preparation
and delivery of a formal or offical account of a matter.

Declaration: A document that contains statements and is not performed
under oath. This report can be made orally by writing.

Affidavit- A sworn statement in writing that is made under oathbefore
an authorized officer, magistrate or judge.

(Source: Findlaw.com)

Note: always remember that what you write is critical.

I hope this was of some help. By the way, who is "Ndna Jnz"?

Regards,

Steven Moshlak
Computerlegalexperts.com
http://www.computerlegalexperts.com