All free maps now rendered useless by Google changes. Can we retrieve our existing data?

By Tor

Dec 29, 2018, 3:00:46 PM12/29/18
to CommunityWalk
Hi,

I understand that because of changes that Google have made to Maps, the free maps created with Community Walk are now essentially useless. This is a great shame. Although the price to upgrade to "professional" version of the maps is not very high (if you use it for your business for example) it is still too much to be justified for a fun hobby map like mine which has low use (eg just about 100 visits per year). Nevertheless I would like to keep my map going in some form on another platform perhaps.

Is it possible to download or export the data from my existing "free" map - the marker data that is, locations, text, categories and icons?

thanks for making the free service available up until now, sorry it had to end.

jared.c...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2018, 3:17:17 PM12/29/18
to commun...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is unfortunate. We're disappointed as well.

You can export your map to a csv file. This option is under the "Bulk Edit" link which is under the "Build This Map" tab. Halfway down the page on the right is an option to export the map.

Best,
Jared