On the Table-- March 11 through 17

Mike Stavlund

Mar 14, 2019, 12:35:38 PM3/14/19
to Common Table Church

Wow, that was a lot of cookies! Emmaline's request was for between 20 and 30 DOZEN cookies to bring to her prison ministry, and that's what she got! Big ups to Ali for so expertly leading the kitchen brigade, and to Good Shepherd for letting us use their amazing kitchen, where we were able to bake 8 dozen cookies simultaneously. Meanwhile down the hall, artists applied themselves to personalizing placemats, signs, and cards of affirmation. It was an honor to support this incredible initiative (and yes, we all engaged in a bit of informal Cookie Quality Assurance).

This week, we're back to our more regular gathering, following the Lenten Lectionary and considering the role of prophet in times ancient and modern. We'll be starting at 10:15 and concluding by 11:15 so we can join our friends at Good Shepherd in their monthly potluck. Bring a dish to share or an appetite if you're not able-- there is always plenty of food and fellowship!

I've been impressed and moved by all of the Lenten posts on our social media feeds, coming from Common Tablers far and wide. We'd love to have your input as well, so please take a look at the list of prompts and sign up on our Google Doc!

See you online and IRL,
Mike Stavlund