On the Table-- July 8 through 14

Mike Stavlund

Jul 10, 2019, 2:20:46 PM7/10/19
to Common Table Church

Last week, we had a great session of brainstorming toward a Common Table response to the humanitarian crisis at the southern US border (as well as the general treatment of immigrants in Maryland and Fairfax County).  And though we have historically had a marked bias toward personal involvement with affected individuals, we felt a solid consensus that in this case our first focus should be on our government.

Because it's difficult for most of us to find the time and energy to contact government agencies and representatives, we're holding our own feet to the fire, setting aside Sunday morning to leave voicemails, send texts, and write emails.  There is wi-fi available, so bring a laptop if you have one.  We will be inviting interested parties from our host church, Good Shepherd UMC, and we'll be starting at 10:15am.

Also mark your calendars for the next Spirits and Spirituality on Wednesday, July 24. We will gather at Caboose Commons in Merrifield (near the Dunn Loring   Metro) at 7pm to talk philosophy, theology, ethics, astrophysics, and whatever else you'd like to bring.

We hope to see you soon!

--Mike Stavlund