On the Table-- March 4 through 10 (remember DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME

Mike Stavlund

Mar 6, 2019, 12:15:53 PM3/6/19
to Common Table Church

Well! There is a lot going on around Common Table!

Lent is officially upon us, and Ali has invited all of us (and that means you too, if you're reading this) to contribute a quote, picture, recipe, or whatever else related to Lent, Common Table, or your life and faith, that incorporates a particular word chosen for that day. They will be posted on the various Common Table social media streams. You can follow us on Facebook, or contribute via the Google Spreadsheet. I'm eagerly anticipating all the creative contributions that the next 40 days will bring!

Sunday morning will be coming a bit earlier than usual since Daylight Saving Time will begin in the wee hours of Sunday morning. We'll be gathering in support of our radical friend Emmaline, who is once again heading to prison (to minister to inmates, as far as we know ;-). We will be baking cookies, decorating placemats, making cards, and creating posters. All of the supplies will be provided, though if you could bring some non-glitter greeting cards we would appreciate it. Please come to Good Shepherd at 10:15 and lend a hand!

And looking forward, our Book Club will be gathering at 3pm on Saturday, March 30. We'll be discussing the incredible, award-winning novel Underground Railroad, which comes highly recommended by our friend and host Shabrayle (and me too!). Start reading or listening to the audio book ASAP, because this book is a journey that will sink into your bones. It's truly transformative.

--Mike Stavlund