On the Table-- June 10 through 16

Mike Stavlund

Jun 12, 2019, 3:58:53 PM6/12/19
to Common Table Church
The news can get you down, I know.  It seems like the world is bad, and quickly getting worse.  I myself have been forced to increase my queue of 'fun' podcasts to counteract the depressing nature of my 'current events' podcasts...  life in the 21st century ain't easy, yo.
Well imagine my surprise as the Lectionary reading from Proverbs offers us a shockingly positive view of the world, and especially of humanity!  We often say that the Bible is countercultural, but I'll admit I had to read this passage repeatedly before my gloomy outlook finally developed a crack in it.  Let's challenge ourselves, and let's see how we can benefit from this kind of truth and wisdom on Sunday morning at Good Shepherd at 10:15am.
Hope to see you then!
Mike Stavlund