On the Table-- May 27 through June 2

Mike Stavlund

May 31, 2019, 2:44:50 PM5/31/19
to Common Table Church
Many thanks to Erin for braving mass transit on a very busy holiday weekend to lead the food line at Bethany House last Sunday!  Another great meal was served, and this one happily included a vegetarian option! It was great to see the friendly faces of the residents and staff, and they certainly enjoyed the good food provided by Good Shepherd.  We also realized afterward that there is a great place serving Venezuelan arepas just a couple of blocks away... which my kids suggest ought to become a regular part of this outing.
We are back at Good Shepherd this Sunday morning, digging into a powerful Lectionary text about unity.  I'm sure we'll have a great discussion about what unity is, what it does, how it works, and how it can be fostered.  And yes, we'll be carefully monitoring ourselves to make sure our conversation doesn't end up being divisive (which a lot more difficult than it seems!).
Hope you can join us with your own insights and experience this Sunday morning at 10:15 at Good Shepherd.
--Mike Stavlund