UART - RS232

Miguel Sonimedia

Sep 17, 2019, 7:09:43 AM9/17/19
to CommandFusion Hardware

Good morning,

I have a CFSolo and I’m having problems with the communication with a board that I control via RS-232. This board specifies that it works with UART protocol. I can control it directly through my computer but when I give orders with the CFSolo it doesn’t work. So we don’t know if the problem is with the compability between the UART protocol and the RS-232 of the Solo.

Ohterwise, I have to give serial data orders like "55 56 00 00 00 01 00 AC" and I'm not really sure how is the "\xF0" format that the Solo requires. I tried with the numbers in [], also \x55...

Thank you so much.

Jarrod Bell

Sep 17, 2019, 6:21:49 PM9/17/19
to commandfusi...@googlegroups.com
It could be a voltage level issue, as the CF Solo behaves like a true RS232 port.
If this is the case, you could try using the 1-way RS232 via the IR outputs on the Solo as this uses slightly different voltage levels, maybe within spec of your receiving equipment.

Otherwise, your command needs to be in \xFF format, like:
\x55\x56\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\xAC

And make sure you are sending it in the correct CFLink format. You can use the Solo config pages to send test data and see the full command in the log.

Regards,

Jarrod Bell
CommandFusion
www.commandfusion.com