Change in leadership

Jon Kruger

Sep 28, 2014, 10:09:58 PM9/28/14
to Columb...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

This past April marked the 2 year anniversary of this group.  What started as an attempt of a few people to find other like minded practitioners has grown into a diverse group of technology professionals with many different skill sets with a common interest of finding a better way to test software.  I'm really proud of what the group has become and all of the people who are involved.

After 26 meetings, I think the time has come for me to step aside and let others take the group where it needs to go next.  I've enjoyed leading the group for these two years and it's been really rewarding, but there is a time and place for everything and I would like to step away from a leadership role at this time.

In reality, there are a number of people that have been involved in leadership of the group.  While you often see me up front leading the meetings, we've had a group of leaders for the last couple years, namely Joe Ours, Parva Thakkar, Terry Weigmann, and Ayan Dave, all of which have been influential in the coordination of the meetings and helping to decide the direction of the group.

Going forward, Joe Ours will be leading the charge along with some of the other existing leaders.  We are always looking for new people with fresh ideas and passions who would be interested in helping to lead the group.  If you would be interested in being on the leadership team, please contact Joe at joseph.ours at gmail and he'll be able to get you plugged in.

While I might not be at every meeting, I will try to attend so I'm sure I will see many of you in the future.

Thanks,
Jon Kruger