September meeting announcement – Write Great Acceptance Criteria

1 view

Parva Thakkar

Aug 25, 2014, 10:16:00 AM8/25/14
to Columb...@googlegroups.com

Writing good Acceptance Tests isn’t necessarily as easy as getting examples from the business and putting them into a table.  In this open discussion with leading experts, we’ll share our experiences on what makes a good acceptance criteria and good acceptance tests.  We’ll talk about imperative vs declarative writing, SRP (single responsibility principle) concept being applied against the acceptance criteria, equivalency classing (to reduce the number of examples), etc…

Joseph Ours, National Software Quality Assurance and Testing Service Lead for Centric Consulting.  Joseph has nearly two decades of career experience in Information Technology and Certified Project Management consulting.  He believes in finding ways to harmoniously work with all core IT competencies, and as such as works as a developer, tester, business analyst, and program manager. His strategic thought process and his ability to translate vision into action has resulted in many large successful initiatives.  Joseph’s expertise has also led to numerous national speaking engagements.  He earned an MBA, as well as two bachelor’s degrees: in Electronic Engineering Technology, and Technical Management. He is also PMP certified by the Project Management Institute. Joseph lives in Columbus, Ohio, and has six adult children. He is an early adopter and active technology enthusiast. When not busy with family events, he chairs the Columbus Advisory Council for Per Scholas, a national non-profit organization based in New York, which aims to break the cycle of poverty by providing technology education, access, training and job placement services for people in under-served communities.

Thanks to Improving Enterprises for hosting us and sponsoring food!

If you are planning to attend, please RSVP at http://www.meetup.com/techlifecolumbus/events/192514752/

Meeting Details -

Thursday, September 4, 2014
11:30 AM