Will there be a trading table?

Robert Casto

Jan 2, 2018, 10:40:43 AM1/2/18
to code...@googlegroups.com
In previous years there have been tables set up where books and items can be dropped off which are free for the taking. I've got a bunch of books to donate. I didn't see a table last year and had to bring them back home.

I just want to know if there will be one this year.

Jeff Blankenburg

Jan 2, 2018, 10:49:29 AM1/2/18
to code...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to pile on to this idea.  I've got boxes of extra cables, books, old mice, etc.  Rather than recycle them for a nickel, I'd rather they end up in someone's hands that can use them.

Can this happen?

Steve Smith

Jan 2, 2018, 12:04:19 PM1/2/18
to code...@googlegroups.com
Plus one for a slightly-used-gear table (along with books)...

Robert Casto

Jan 2, 2018, 4:24:05 PM1/2/18
to code...@googlegroups.com
I have gear too like keyboards and HDMI cables.

Jason Follas

Jan 2, 2018, 4:53:54 PM1/2/18
to code...@googlegroups.com
Great ideas! However, somebody should volunteer to own the responsibility of taking leftovers to an electronics recycling after the event (read: not the conference, and not the venue).

Every year, books and other things (about 50 Pokemon DVDs one year... seriously!) are left on the table, and I believe they just end up in a landfill because nobody owns the task of recycling them. The same would be true of cables, peripherals, and gadgets that remain after the event.

Ken Nagorski

Jan 2, 2018, 6:10:23 PM1/2/18
to code...@googlegroups.com
If people want to set this up I will take responsibility for loading up at the end of the conference

Robert Casto

Jan 3, 2018, 9:01:03 AM1/3/18
to code...@googlegroups.com
Much appreciated Ken. Is there someone on staff that can set up a couple tables and tell us where they will be before the sessions start?

bprince

Jan 4, 2018, 9:05:37 AM1/4/18
to CodeMash
Every year there is a "Book Swap" table, located near the Marakesh bar (used to be called Long Necks).

We only want books. No parts, cables, or mice or whatever, UNLESS someone steps up to handle the electronics recycling, which many times is not free.