Anyone see a list of talks yet?

Robert Casto

Oct 4, 2018, 10:45:25 AM10/4/18
to code...@googlegroups.com
I got word that tickets are on sale in 4 days. But there is no list of talks, precompilers, or anything else that I would expect to be published before the tickets go on sale.

Jeff Wilson

Oct 5, 2018, 6:10:03 AM10/5/18
to CodeMash
Same here. I was expecting a session list sometime before the ticket sale, but haven't seen anything.

Ryan Riddell

Oct 5, 2018, 7:37:50 AM10/5/18
to CodeMash
They just notified selected speakers about a week ago. Those selected had a week to confirm. I'm guessing that some don't, so then they likely turn to backup speakers. Regardless, I'd expect they publish the list soon. They announced on 10/2 last year. What I can say is that I've never been disappointed with the quality or topics at codemash.

Lori Email

Oct 5, 2018, 8:30:07 AM10/5/18
to code...@googlegroups.com
Codemash.org says full schedule will be posted on Dec 4

On Oct 5, 2018, at 6:10 AM, Jeff Wilson <jeff...@gmail.com> wrote:

Same here. I was expecting a session list sometime before the ticket sale, but haven't seen anything.

Mike Dennis

Oct 5, 2018, 8:32:00 AM10/5/18
to code...@googlegroups.com
The full schedule is then.  The session list is usually posted before tickets go on sale.

Robert Casto

Oct 5, 2018, 10:39:13 AM10/5/18
to code...@googlegroups.com
I really want to see what talks there will be. I go each year, but I've always been able to show what I'll get out of the conference.

Selling tickets before showing what you will get doesn't sit well with me. Makes me feel that things are not organized as well this year.

Mike Dennis

Oct 5, 2018, 10:43:44 AM10/5/18
to code...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I'm hoping for a list before the tickets go on sale, so I can do the same.  It does seem later this year..

Jason Follas

Oct 5, 2018, 10:44:23 AM10/5/18
to code...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

The delay/withholding of information is not intentional. We changed backends, so all of the neat automation tools that we built and used in previous years to generate session lists... well, they don't work any longer.

A new website was supposed to be live this week, and that will integrate with the new backend.  Since it's not quite ready, and our session list isn't a trade secret or anything... you can use this for now until our new site is up (it's throttled, so be gentle):