Reminder: SCRM/Cloud Coordination Meeting today

Mark Carlson

Oct 22, 2013, 8:49:53 AM10/22/13
to scr...@ogf.org, CloudSt...@googlegroups.com
Call Details:
6am PT, 7am MT, 9am ET, 11 pm JST. 3pm CET

Toll Free: (866) 682-4770
International: +1 (408) 774-4073
International Toll Free: http://www.intercall.com/oracle/access_numbers.htm
Conference Code: 1212488#
Security Code: 1212#

Agenda:

Additional Wiki Entries

Event updates?

Cloud Wiki:
http://cloud-standards.org

SCRM Wiki:
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1479

Events updates:
http://cloud-standards.org/wiki/index.php?title=CloudStandards:Current_events

Cloud Standards Google Group:
http://groups.google.com/group/CloudStandards

Cloud Standards Forum Public Discussion Group:
http://groups.google.com/group/cloud-standards-forum

Romascanu, Dan (Dan)

Oct 23, 2013, 8:32:14 AM10/23/13
to CloudSt...@googlegroups.com, scr...@ogf.org

Hi,

I could not attend the meeting – this week is the Cloud Ethernet Forum meeting week.

Two weeks from now another conflict – the IETF meeting.

I guess I will be able to say something about these two in four weeks.

Regards,

Dan

Mark Carlson

Oct 23, 2013, 9:54:07 AM10/23/13
to scr...@ogf.org, CloudSt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dan. Since Andrew cannot make it as well, let's cancel.

We will meet on November 19th.

-- mark

Sill, Alan

Nov 19, 2013, 8:10:14 AM11/19/13
to ma...@carlson.net, Sill, Alan, scrm-wg@ogf.org SCRM-WG, CloudSt...@googlegroups.com
I am at a conference this week that will be starting up right at the normally scheduled time. Can we delay until Dec. 3 and restart with a different phone number please? Feel free to meet without me though if there are things to discuss.

Alan

Romascanu, Dan (Dan)

Nov 19, 2013, 8:12:04 AM11/19/13
to CloudSt...@googlegroups.com, ma...@carlson.net, scrm-wg@ogf.org SCRM-WG
Delaying to 12/3 is fine for me.

Regards,

Dan

Tony Rutkowski

Nov 19, 2013, 8:24:17 AM11/19/13
to CloudSt...@googlegroups.com, ma...@carlson.net, Sill, Alan, scrm-wg@ogf.org SCRM-WG
Hi Alan et al.,

Will be traveling on the 3rd.

Some updates in the ITU Watch realm:

Most parties seem to have largely left the ITU
cloud venues for more effective work in other
bodies. Those departures actually involve much
more than just cloud.

The just completed SG13 meeting was largely
a bust, but did usefully express concern about
SG2 moving forward with its own cloud regulations.
Only 80 some people showed up at their recent
meeting, and only one from all of the Americas.
In most other organizations, this would be called
a bar bof.

SG11 - still underway - is seeing a push for vacuous
cloud testing and "protocol" initiatives, including
something for "intercloud." It's the usual nonsense
of starting a work item with only an outline in order
to claim turf/relevancy.

SG17 will be cranked up for a meeting in January.
It's cloud "security" work seems to have ground
to a halt. The big ticket item there will be the
hopeful non-approval of its cloud security requirements
Recommendation among the member States.

--tony

Andrew Watson

Nov 19, 2013, 8:41:03 AM11/19/13
to CloudSt...@googlegroups.com, Mark Carlson, scr...@ogf.org, CloudSt...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

You wrote:

> Thanks Dan. Since Andrew cannot make it as well, let's cancel.
>
> We will meet on November 19th.

Apologies, something's come up at the last minute, and I can't make today's
meeting.

However, I think you've got my main agenda item in hand - talking to
Richard Soley about representing Cloud Standards at the webinar on 17th
December.

If you need anything from me, please drop me a note by email.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Watson Tel: +44 7710 469624
Technical Director, Email: and...@omg.org
Object Management Group http://www.omg.org/~andrew

Mark Carlson

Dec 3, 2013, 9:03:18 AM12/3/13
to CloudSt...@googlegroups.com, scr...@ogf.org
Details:
6am PDT, 7am MDT, 9am EDT, 11 pm JST. 3pm CEDT

US Conference number: +1 424-203-8405
Participant Access Code: 731176#

International:

Belgium
+32 (0) 4 244 10 75

Cyprus
+357 77 788845

Denmark
+45 78 77 25 20

Finland
+358 (0) 9 74790024

Italy
+39 (0) 011 092 0915

Malaysia
+60 (0) 11-1146 0060

Norway
+47 21 93 06 41

Portugal
+351 21 005 1182

Slovakia
+421 (0) 2 336 633 00

Slovenia
+386 (0) 1 828 02 40

South Africa
+27 (0) 87 825 0150

South Korea
1600-3136

Spain
+34 911 19 67 50

United Kingdom
+44 (0) 330 606 0180

United States
+1 424-203-8405

Agenda:

Additional Wiki Entries

Event updates?

Cloud Wiki:
http://cloud-standards.org

Mark Carlson

Dec 3, 2013, 9:37:49 AM12/3/13
to CloudSt...@googlegroups.com, scr...@ogf.org
Attendees:
Dan
Alan
Andrew
Mark

IETF Update from Dan:

Schema and Directory Services work

Identity Management draft using vCards via JSON encoding: jCard - https://ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard/ .

BOF on service function chaining problems - define a set of protocols for service function delivery
BOF was well attended and may turn into a working group
A Charter is being discussed for the Service Function Chaining (SFC) working group on a Network Service Chaining (NSC) mailing list with an initial draft for starting the work.

Some discussion about IETF plugfests around the meetings - day before or so.

Next IETF meeting is in March in London

Alan update on ETSI - draft available for comment.
http://csc.etsi.org/Application/documentapp/downloadimmediate/?docId=196

SAJACC - reformulated a year ago to write more thorough use cases. Starting to write the report from the second phase using an extensive template.

OGF recently published GFD-R-P.206 markup language applied to SDN and advanced networking functionality. www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.206.pdf

Cloud Plugfests looking at new series for next year. Locations include India, Portland and Santa Clara.
Also looking at a series of online-only plugfest sessions across timezones worldwide.

Alan and Mark are planning to give a session at a webinar called the SDO Interoperability Forumhttp://www.sdoforum.org/ updating folks on the efforts of the cloud-standards.org coordination.

Discussion on adding IETF plugfests to the existing cloudplugfest.org - Dan will discuss with the SCIM chairs and get back to us.

OMG Technical meetings might be a possible plugfest venue as well especially if we can get a CSCC meeting there as well. Upcoming ones include June in Boston and September in Austin.

Next meeting is December 17th at the same coordinates.

-- mark

Sill, Alan

Dec 17, 2013, 4:15:47 PM12/17/13
to CloudSt...@googlegroups.com, Sill, Alan, scrm-wg@ogf.org SCRM-WG
Mark indicated that he had internet service e provider issues from his current location today.

Here are some notes from today’s meeting:

Dan

IETF Service Function Chaining working group forming
Charter on the way to approval, some cosmetic changes may take place.
Main thrust is looking at the way APIs need to be built in order to get information from and to network and to create service-specific parts. Routing, optimized information flow and routes for specific services will be in scope. Encapsulation for service-level chaining (“service function pass”) will be focus. Dan will send current charter to the distribution lists.

Andrew

Looking for contact for Cloud Plugfest. John Megam/IBM may be a good contact.
CSCC face-to-face in March in Reston VA. Web page being built right now.

Alan

OGF40 to be held 15-17 Jan 2014 following EGI Federated Cloud working group meeting). IBM and the US NCSA will be demoing their work on DFDL (Data Format Description Language), among other working group meetings. See registration info just posted on the ogf.org web site.

Cloud Expo London February - Developer panel being discussed, followed by CloudScape VI Brussels. Will try to keep group informed and wiki up to date.

Cloud Standards Coordination report coordinated by ETSI recently released, followed by an associated meeting in Brussels. Much interest in European solutions for cloud standards and software industry development:

"The final report from ETSI’s Cloud Standards Coordination initiative was made public on December 11 in Brussels.
Link: http://www.etsi.org/images/files/Events/2013/2013_CSC_Delivery_WS/CSC-Final_report-013-CSC_Final_report_v1_0_PDF_format-.PDF

There will be a Cloud Plugfest planning meeting this Thursday 19 Dec 2013 09:00 - 10:00 CST to plan 2014 events. Let me know if you would like to be added to the invitation.

Alan

Romascanu, Dan (Dan)

Dec 18, 2013, 4:15:50 AM12/18/13
to CloudSt...@googlegroups.com, scrm-wg@ogf.org SCRM-WG