Happy New Year of the Horse!

Tatsuo

Feb 5, 2014, 2:09:56 AM2/5/14
to Charaku Tea
February 4, 2014

Today was the first official day of the new Year of the Horse! I'd like to extend my family's best wishes to you & yours for a year filled with health and happiness, and surrounded by beauty.

There are various New Year celebrations in Asia; January 1st, Chinese (Lunar) New Year, and the Buddhist New Year in April, to name a few. In ancient Japan, the day following Setsubun (the Division of the Seasons)
represented the start of the new year, and I like to keep this tradition alive. Still today, for those of us in the Japanese tea world; it's also the start of the countdown to the first tea harvest in May (another reason to celebrate and to wish for a bountiful and delicious harvest!)

Happy New Year!
Sincerely,
Tatsuo

Tatsuo Tomeoka
Charaku Fine Japanese Tea www.charaku-tea.com
WaSabiDou Antiques & Folk Crafts www.mingei-wasabidou.com

Copy of 1.1.14.l.jpg

James Cody Kroll

Feb 5, 2014, 9:10:14 AM2/5/14
to claycraft, Charaku Tea
Happy Year of the Horse!!!

合掌,

Cody Kroll  コーディ  クロール

Kuma Gama - Clay Studio  陶工房

www.kumagama.com

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly... Specialization is for insects. ~ Robert A. Heinlein 1907 - 1988