Fwd: Cicada gigas calling in Pt Mansfield and San Marcos

Mike Quinn

Jul 30, 2013, 12:12:03 PM7/30/13
to Cicadas-of-Texas
FYI, Mike Quinn, Austin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Huffman <dh...@txstate.edu>
Date: Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Subject: Cicada gigas?
To: Mike Quinn <ento...@gmail.com>

Mike:

Don't know if you're still tracking C. gigas or not, but I just returned from a visit to Port Mansfield, where C. gigas was calling from all over town, well into midday.  There was not a pecan tree in town, and many of the bugs were calling from palmettos.  Upon return to San Marcos yesterday evening, I also heard several calling well before dusk on Hilliard Rd off Lime Kiln Rd.

David
--
David G Huffman, PhD, Professor of Biology
dh...@TxState.edu (W);  DavidHu...@gmail.com (H)