Jackson Hole Winter Expedition (01/08-14/2014)

1 view

snowrider

Oct 9, 2013, 11:30:29 PM10/9/13
to Chinese...@googlegroups.com
正在醞釀當中! 我不稱這個 trip 為 ski trip - 因為除了滑雪之外有其它好玩的東西! 活動包括: 滑雪 (Jackson Hole Mountain Resort), 黃石公園 (駕駛雪上摩托車進去國家公園看野生動物, 老忠實間歇泉, 及冬天美景), 狗拉雪橇 (學習之後親自駕御哈士奇狗隊, 去泡天然溫泉) ...

This idea is brewing!  I don't call this a ski trip because we will enjoy some other winter adventures beside skiing.  We will skiing/snowboarding at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort for 3 days (or maybe 2 days there and 1 day at Grand Targhee).  We will visit Yellowstone National Park via snowmobiles to see the beatiful winter view, wildlife, geysers, especially the Old Faithful.  Furthermore, we will take a non-traditional dogsled tour to a famous natural hot springs.  Why it is non-traditional?  Because we will be learning how to drive a team of Husky dogs, and we will drive the team by ourselves!  It will have tons of fun!

因為黃石公園的冬天風景更美但是一般人無法進去 - 它只開南側門 (靠近 Jackson Hole) 的門 ... 只讓 special tours 進去國家公園裡! 老忠實間歇泉冬天噴出更壯觀 ... tour 只有: bus tour (車子不是用輪子的是履帶車的) 或者 snowmobile tour ...

The beaufy of Yellowstone in winter is beyond anybody's imagination!  However, Yellowstone closes most of their gates and opens only the South Gate, which is near Jackson Hole.  Only special tours can access the park in the winter.  They include bus/coach tour or snowmobile tour.  The snowmobile is what we are going to take in order to cruise the park and see the Old Faithful.

有興趣想參加的朋友快跟我聯絡一塊去玩!

Should you be interested in joining this expedition, please contact me ASAP!

snowrider

Oct 16, 2013, 2:44:20 PM10/16/13
to Chinese...@googlegroups.com
Our plan is finalized:

01/08/2014 - Fly to JAC and check in to Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson (you can book any hotel in that area).  No rental car is needed - The hotel is in downtown Jackson Hole, and they also provide complimentary airport tranportation and free ski shuttles.
01/09/2014 - Ski or snowboard at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
01/10/2014 - Jackson Hole Iditarod Sled Dog Tour (dogsled + driving the dog team + hot springs).
01/11/2014 - Ski or snowboard at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
01/12/2014 - Yellowstone Snowmobile Tour (snowmobile riding + wildlife + geysers, especially the Old Faithful).
01/13/2014 - Ski or snowboard at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort or Grand Targhee.
01/14/2014 - Fly back home.

Please let me know if you are joining the trip.

snowrider

Oct 17, 2013, 1:13:20 PM10/17/13
to Chinese...@googlegroups.com
Some friends are interested in joining this trip.
Now we have one male who needs a roommate to share the lodging.
Also we have one female who needs a roommate to share the lodging too.

snowrider

Oct 18, 2013, 12:02:54 AM10/18/13
to Chinese...@googlegroups.com
The plan:

To ski/snowboard at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort on 01/09 and 01/11/2014

To take Iditarod Sled Dog Tour and hot springs on 01/10/2014:

To take a snowmobile tour to visit Yellowstone National Park on 01/12/2014:

To ski/snowboard Grand Targhee Ski Resort on 01/13/2014:

snowrider

Nov 13, 2013, 1:29:19 PM11/13/13
to Chinese...@googlegroups.com
Ski Magazine ranks Jackson Hole as the best ski destination this year - even better than Vail and Whistler those big names.  Obviously, they see what I see - ski trip is not about skiing only!  A good ski trip needs to include lots of things: slopes, views, ski town, activities, and convenience.  Jackson Hole has everything in the highest ranking.

We got 4 people in this trip.  If we can get more, we can start looking for a vacation house.
For the Mammoth & Tahoe Ski Trip (03/11-17/2014), we got 5 already.  We need few more to rent 2 cars for the Mammoth trip.

snowrider

Jan 10, 2014, 2:00:05 AM1/10/14
to Chinese...@googlegroups.com
第一次在 EpicSki 上面貼討論主題:
http://www.epicski.com/t/124695/jackson-hole-totally-changed-my-impression-about-powder-skiing

因為今天爽了一天(也累了一天) ... 想想還是趁著記憶猶新的時候寫出來!
在 EpicSki 上面貼 - 因為今天一塊滑的人有些與我共同認識的朋友! 很幸運在 Jackson Hole 碰到有共同朋友的新朋友 ...
所以我就寫了些貼了在那裏!

結論: "Jackson Hole" = "Challenging"

Roy Cai

Jan 10, 2014, 11:27:59 AM1/10/14