Briefing of 5/19/19 first meeting

sunny duann

May 28, 2019, 5:21:03 PM5/28/19
to Chinesec...@googlegroups.com
image.png

Dear members and friends:
Thank you for your interest and support the chamber. We had a wonderful first event on the 19th at Ha Long Bay Restaurant in Dunedin. The VP from Port Tampa John Thorington delivered a very informative presentation, we learned so much how the port's new development and the two major ship lines already doing business with the Far East and China by the direct shipping route.
We also had a fun time to do seat changes for the network sessions and meet new friends and shared friendships.
Mr. Thoringhton brought the handouts with him, and I still have about 10 of the latest edition booklet of Port Tampa Bay in hand, please let me know if you like to have it.

Here is what Mr.Thorington's talk outline sent to me and I would like to share with you.

"Highlights of my presentation included:

-Port Tampa Bay is the energy gateway for all of West Central Florida, handling all the inbound gasoline, jet fuel and diesel fuel for the region.

-Port Tampa Bay is a major shipping point for Florida fertilizer being exported to world agriculture markets.

-Port Tampa Bay has the largest ship repair facilities between Norfolk, Virginia and Pascagoula, Mississippi.

-Port Tampa Bay has recently announced two new weekly, direct all-water container shipping services between Asia (and multiple ports in China) and Tampa.  China Ocean Shipping Company(COSCO) and CMA CGM are the two new shipping lines that are providing these services and they are both in the top five of the world’s largest container shipping lines. These new services represent two of the most significant commercial developments in the history of the Port. The Port’s two new large container gantry cranes, acquired in 2016, were built in Shanghai.  These cranes are used to load/unload containers onto/off the large container ships.

-Port Tampa handled a record number of cruise passengers in 2018, just over one million.

-Port Tampa Bay’s new 135,000 sq. ft. the cold storage facility is opening up new opportunities for the export and import of food products through the Port.

-Port Tampa Bay is building a major new terminal complex at Port Redwing which is served by the Big Bend Channel.  The Channel was recently deepened and widened to allow larger ships to call in the area.  The project to deepen and widen the Channel was funded through an innovative partnership between the federal government, state government, Port Tampa Bay, Mosaic, and Tampa Electric."

We will have a board meeting on this Saturday, the team member will make plans to continue reviving up our chamber of commerce, but most important things are your suggestions and inputs. We are here to serve you, please send in your voice or opinion.

We will see you after the summer.

Regards,

Sunny Duann

President

727-656-9988

BOD with John.jpg
Dinner.jpg
John's presentation.jpg
Anne-Marie, Sunny & Peter.jpg
Group photo.jpg
Sue Xu.jpg

Edward Lin

May 29, 2019, 1:12:38 PM5/29/19
to sunny duann, Chinesec...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sunny,

I just got back from working with my R&D team in Taipei and Shenzhen for about 6 weeks.  Sorry to miss the meeting.  Trust you’re doing well; you looked fabulous!

Could you please send me the slide deck for Mr.Thorington's talk?

Thank you, and best regards,

Ed

Dr. Edward Lin

Founder & CEO

Ingenious Technologies Corporation
Osprey, FL 34229-8863 USA
Tel: 1-941-966-0690

Skype: EdwardLin001 ¨ WeChat ID: EdwardLinUSA ¨ Line: edwardlinusa ¨ QQ: 1906550354
e-mail: el...@ingenious.com      www.ingenious.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/EdwardLin001USA

My TED talk: https://goo.gl/P5NaEQ “You’ll See It When You Believe It”

"The future is not some place we are going to, it is one we are creating.  The paths are not to be found, they are to be made.  And the activity of making them changes both the creator and the destination." — John Schaar

“Genius is seeing what everyone else sees and thinking what no-one else has thought.” Albert Szent-Gyorgy

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”   Leonardo da Vinci

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” –Anne Frank

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail message and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution or other use of this e-mail message or attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please delete and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.