Fwd: Updates on Guangzhou African protest

Douglas Scott

Jun 20, 2012, 8:05:54 AM6/20/12
to China...@googlegroups.com
Here is a forwarded email about the recent protests in Guangzhou from Kelly Liang on the chinese-in-africaafricans-in-china google group.  Kelly summarises the event that sparked the protest and how much is known about it very well.  She has listed links to many of the articles in the Chinese media about it as well.

"Basically, now we know that the motorcycle driver's last name is Sun, and that both the African rider and the driver were taken under police custody before the former died a 'sudden' death there at around 5pm. Other than this, there's no new information today. Perhaps we should wait until this weekend or next, when the local journalists release special close-ups on Africans in Guangzhou like they did in 2009."