Night of Nights XXIII Special Bulletin

David J. J. Ring, Jr.

Jul 11, 2022, 8:41:46 PM7/11/22
to David JJ Ring Jr, CFO google group, fistscw...@groups.io, fis...@groups.io, nehrs
CQ DE KPH/KFS - NIGHT OF NIGHTS 0001 UTC 13 July 2022
KPH QSW  426, 500, 4247.0, 6477.5, 8642.0, 12808.5, 17016.8, 22477.5
KPH RTTY QSW 6324.5, 8427.0, 12585.5
KFS QSW 12695.5

TWO WAY AMATEUR QSOS VIA K6KPH CW - 3550.0, 7050.0, 14050.0, 18097.5, 21050.0 kHz - K6KPH keeps continuous watch, call them on frequency when they are not busy. If you remember commercial procedures, they will respond to:  K6KPH K6KPH K6KPH with a "DE" at which time you send your call sign.  DE N1EA GE QSA?  If possible use commercial procedure.

MARITIME RADIO HISTORICAL SOCIETY

Night of Nights XXIII

MRHS Newsletter Special Bulletin 10 July 2022

Dedicated to the True Believers Worldwide

MRHS Night of Nights XXIII

Night of Nights is just a few days away. Sending a reminder so you will join us on the air!

PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID concerns Night of Nights XXIII will be a NON-PUBLIC event. Only members of the MRHS Operations Department will be admitted to the station. We are sorry that even those who have been regular guests for this event will be unable to participate in person this year. We look forward to welcoming you in 2023!

Since 2000 the MRHS has held an annual event called Night of Nights on 12 July. Why that date? Because on 12 July 1999 what was thought to be the last commercial Morse message in the US was sent. But on that date the founders of the MRHS established our organization with the specific goal of returning coast station KPH to the air as a means to honor the men and women who made the profession of radiotelegrapher one of honor and skill.
That last message was sent at 0000Z. One year later at 0001Z we were back on the air from the original Marconi/RCA transmit site in Bolinas, CA. This tradition has been observed every year since then.
Stations KPH, KFS and K6KPH will be on the air according to the schedule below. Please listen for us.

Event Details
When: Opening transmission - 1701pdt12 July, 0001gmt 13 July
Stations & Frequencies:
KPH CW - 426, 500, 4247.0, 6477.5, 8642.0, 12808.5, 17016.8, 22477.5
KPH RTTY - 6324.5, 8427.0, 12585.5
KFS CW - 12695.5
K6KPH CW - 3550.0, 7050.0, 14050.0, 18097.5, 21050.0
Transmitters:
We are in the process of testing and tuning our classic transmitters from the 1950s.
MRHS Volunteer Transmitter Engineers will be working on swapping antennas over and ops checking the Vintage RCAs starting tomorrow Monday 11 July 2022.

QSL Information:
Please mail QSL and reception reports to the address at the bottom of the page.

Station Phone:

Vintage Gear like this RCA "H" set (above) and the "K" and "L" sets like below will be on the air.
If you would like to help support this work and/or you enjoy using the KiwiSDR receivers you can use the link below to donate through PayPal or send your gift to:

MRHS
PO BOX 392
Point Reyes Station, CA 94956

The MRHS is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization, so your gifts are tax deductible. Our Tax ID Number is: 20-1122405.

Thank you in advance for your continued support. We are committed to using your gifts responsibly to help preserve our maritime and communications heritage!
And don't miss our fabulous MRHS Swag store. Your purchases also provide some much needed income to the MRHS. To access these treasures, click on the picture of our lovely MRHS Model, Tina Shinn/TS, below!
When visiting KPH be sure to tune in to KWMR for
the great music,
local knowledge and,
most important, emergency information.

For more information about KWMR, and to listen to the live stream, click here.

Maritime Radio Historical Society | PO Box 392, Point Reyes Station, CA 94956
Unsubscribe n1...@arrl.net
Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice
Sent by ddil...@igc.org powered by
Trusted Email from
                                            Constant Contact - Try it
                                            FREE today.

David J. J. Ring, Jr.

Jul 11, 2022, 8:58:40 PM7/11/22
to David JJ Ring Jr, CFO google group, fistscw...@groups.io, fis...@groups.io, nehrs

k8...@aol.com

Jul 11, 2022, 10:23:25 PM7/11/22
to Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!
I would have missed it.

Joe, K8MP

Cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, CLUCK! - CFO Lives!
Chicken Fat Operators at Google Groups
Post: Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com
Home: http://groups.google.com/group/Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club
Our ANCIENT Web Page: https://web.archive.org/web/20070602150935/http://home.aurora.edu/~bdillon/cfo/cfo.html

Our FACEBOOK Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chickenfatoperatorsclub
Subscribe: chicken-fat-operat...@googlegroups.com
CFO ROOSTER (Member List) http://tinyurl.com/cfocwclub
CFO Sked Page: http://n8fq.org/sked/mobile.php?board=cfo
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chicken Fat Operators Club - CFO" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club/466a2250-ef0f-529f-bdf5-6258badd0c3c%40arrl.net.