Fw: Children/Youth lost in the prison system

El Techno Colibri

Jul 2, 2015, 11:29:42 PM7/2/15
to Carolyn, chicag...@googlegroups.com, Brock Zell, Clotel Cameron, Craig Esko, Olga, D. Jake Karstens, Colette Smith, Carmen Martinez, br3...@msn.com, chern...@poderlc.org, ca...@caseydaniels.com, chicagoin...@gmail.com, Beverly Logan, chi...@sassoonacademy.com, Chip Mitchell, Brenda....@cms.hhs.gov, Christine Skaggs, Carmen Espinosa, Celeste Lopez-Dental, Celeste Lopez-Dental, C. Pinson, Carmen Rivera, Curtis Reed, Blanca Ortiz, Bruce Montgomery, Carina or Ana - MLEA, Carlos Lopez, Barbara Hewitt, Barbara Barbaro, Barbara Jurado Contreras, Beatriz Martinez, Beba_Ramírez, Betsy Schonitzer, bmargarita16_hotmail.com, Bob & Ruffin, Bridget Ecktein, btsuggs_uic.edu, calberu_yahoo.com, Carlos Roman, carlotta_uic.edu, Casa Guatemala, Catherine Chandler, cdosbey_uic.edu, Cecile Richards Planned Parenthood, Cecilia Lozada, Celina, Center on Halsted, Christopher Zimmerman, cimechicago Moderator, MexGroups, Claudia Morales, Claudia Nuno, Corine Pedraza-Palomino, Cristina Correa, Crystalin Charity, Bianca Torres, Charonn Wren, Barbara Johnson, Cynthia Wren, Crystal Thomas, Bernardino Juarez, Chaela Herridge-Meyer, Beth Ann Toupin, blanca...@comcast.net
Hola all:

On yesterday's Democracy Now, every day on the radio AM 820 Progressive, at 8:00 p.m. Amy, the host, was presenting information about how the allegedly "legal" system destroyed the life of Kaleif Browder, who was started on his road to hell with the charge of stealing a backpack, and whose mother was unable to pay the $3,000 bail fee.

I as a mother am distressed that our child/children can be treated in such an inhumane manner and no one seems to give a damn!! As the mother of a young man of color, Mexican/African-American, every time he goes out, I pray to God that he will return unharmed.

Please read the attached, send it on, and inform yourselves, where do our children end up when arrested??

Lupe

EL TECHNO COLIBRI
eltechn...@yahoo.com
Guadalupe M. Avery Avila
312-273-2909
We ask justice, we ask equality, we ask that all the civil and political rights that belong to citizens of the United States, be guaranteed to us and our daughters forever. // Pedimos justicia, pedimos igualdad, pedimos que todos los derechos civiles y politicos que son de los ciudadanos de los Estados Unidos sean garantisadossiempre a nuestras hijas.
—Susan B. Anthony, Declaration of Rights for Women, July 1876

Kalief Browder.doc