Book: Ragavibodham

Ananth Pattabiraman

Feb 8, 2005, 11:50:56 PM2/8/05
to Carnatic...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm looking for the book 'Raga Vibodham' (spelling?), by Somanathar? I
couldnt find it in local bookshops. Any idea where i can get this?
Tamil/English editions will be useful.

I suppose this is a pretty old book. Panchapakesa Iyer, in his book
'Karnataka Sangeetha Sastram', says it's written in 17th century. I
vaguely remember reading the intro to this book long time back in a
library, i also remember (but not sure) that the book must be much
older... like a thousand years atleast... It said that the author was
the one who formed the modern veena (or some other veena of his own),
with fewer strings when his period veenas had 22 strings.

--
Regards,
Ananth

Carnatic Resource - For info & technical discussions on Carnatic Music
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/CarnaticResource

Research Carnatic - What is your contribution to Carnatic?
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/ResearchCarnatic

luzc...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2013, 10:53:36 AM9/21/13
to carnatic...@googlegroups.com, Carnatic...@googlegroups.com