selectROI: wrong position

marco.gi...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2023, 7:42:29 AM2/6/23
to Cardinal MSI Help
Hi, I try to select ROI from the mse dataset using

image(mse, mz=1200)
ROI1 <- selectROI(mse, mode="region")

but when i select in a specif position, the script tale the region from another and unwanted position.
I am using Rstudio.
Somebody had the same issue of mine

thank you

Marco

marco.gi...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2023, 5:11:39 AM2/9/23
to Cardinal MSI Help
the problem has been solved... it was a problem regarding the resolution of my display. The display zoom in Rstudio has to have the same value of monitor's one.

Marco

Davide G. Franchina

Nov 21, 2023, 7:17:19 PM11/21/23
to Cardinal MSI Help

Hi Marco,

I bumped into a very similar problem (the ROIs I select on screen (Plots pane) are off and end up being empty (Zoom Plots pane)).
see screenshot:
Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 4.13.28 PM.png

could you please share how exactly you solved the issue?

thanks in advance!

Davide G. Franchina

Nov 22, 2023, 12:21:44 PM11/22/23
to Cardinal MSI Help
Found a solution (for macOS) as follows using quartz:

#pop the plotting area out of rstudio
graphics.off()
quartz()

#then roi ROI selection tool
image(mydata_sample)
 current_selection <- selectROI(mydata_sample)

kbemis

Nov 22, 2023, 12:25:25 PM11/22/23
to Cardinal MSI Help
Yes, it is an issue with the RStudio graphics device; its coordinates can be sensitive to zooming and resizing.

You should be able to use windows() on Windows or X11() on Linux (versus quartz() on macOS).