Peak Filtering and Peak comparing

Marina Zavolskova

Mar 25, 2022, 6:32:37 AM3/25/22
to Cardinal MSI Help
Dear all,
I want to set upper and lower threshold for peak intensities, is there any function for this? I tried peakFilter(), but either I didn't understand how to use it, or it doesn't work for this purpose.

Is there any way to compare peaks' intensities in each spectra? It can help for checking quality in case of unstable device operation.

Thanks!
Marina

kbemis

Mar 27, 2022, 4:19:30 PM3/27/22
to Cardinal MSI Help
peakFilter() and mzFilter() allow passing additional rules to the calculated statistics.

Specifically, "min", "max", "mean", "var", and "nnzero" are calculated for the intensities of each peak.

You should be able to pass rules as additional arguments as logical expressions. E.g., "peakFilter(x, min > 1, max < 100)".

If you want greater control than that, you can just operate on the rows of spectra() directly. Each row is a vector of feature intensities.

As for comparing peak intensities, you'd need to be more specific about what kind of comparison you want to make.

-Kylie

Marina Zavolskova

Mar 28, 2022, 3:29:40 AM3/28/22
to Cardinal MSI Help
Hi Kylie,
Thank you very much for your reply, now it works works as intended!
About comparing peak intensities, I think, I have managed it through iData( ,"intensity") function.
Best regards,
Marina
воскресенье, 27 марта 2022 г. в 23:19:30 UTC+3, kbemis: