Cardinal 3.6 -- major update with breaking changes

kbemis

Apr 30, 2024, 6:12:20 PMApr 30
to Cardinal MSI Help
Dear all,

Cardinal 3.6 should be released tomorrow. This is a major update with some breaking changes (that we believe are worth it for the improvements).

If you have mission-critical workflows, I recommend testing this release on a separate machine first before updating.

Some highlights include:

  • Redesigned data structures
    • Updated MSImagingExperiment class for MS imaging data with shared m/z values
    • New MSImagingArrays class for MS imaging data with different m/z values
  • All statistical methods (including PCA, PLS, spatial k-means, and spatial shrunken centroids) have been updated for improved speed and simpler storage of results
  • New pre-processing workflow with better support for high-resolution experiments
  • New support for multiple-instance learning
  • New plotting engine

-Kylie

PS. Please also note that I am monitoring a bug that may cause images to be plotted upside-down on non-macOS platforms. I believe I fixed this in the release version, but can't currently test the fix (since I can't reproduce it on my personal machine and won't have access to test on another machine before release). If you experience this, please note that it will be high priority to fix in release as soon as I can.